I love Havi. I can’t handle reading her every day, but when I’m in the mood for extreme silliness and motivation, I go straight to her site.
I want to learn Shiva Nata
, but I can’t afford the basic learning package.
Someone was going to pay for me to see her when she came to Sacramento a few weeks ago, but I was too late signing up and the class was full.
Monsters! Of DOOOOM!
C and I have been having fun coloring monsters. And since it’s an ebook, we can print it out again and again and color them differently. Maybe I’ll scan and post a few of my monsters in the coming weeks. Anyway, another thing that Havi does is Very Personal Ads
Every week, she writes an “ad” for something that she wants in her life. A house, a Playground for her business, more time to live her life, success for her business projects, anything that she feels she needs in her life.
She hates the word “manifest” but to me, this feels like basics of Magick and/or the New Age idea of Manifestation. In order to craft a good spell, you need to be able to articulate exactly what you want. And then you have to release your emotional attachment to it. It’s also the basis for a lot of New Age stuff (what is now apparently being called Airy Fairy Woo Woo Hippy Crap). I’m used to keeping these things private, though, not sticking them out there for the whole world to see.
What I like about Havi’s Very Personal Ads is that not only does she list her goals, she lists the mundane steps she needs to take to make them come true. She calls this “how this could happen.”
She does these every week.
I’m not good at making firm goals or plans. This is one of the things I’m really working on.
I don’t think I can commit to doing goals once a week. I’m not good at even making them once a year.
But maybe I can do it once a month.
This post is already getting long, but I’m going to list a few here now.
- Sufficient income to pay my bills and start accumulating some savings. I have a number in mind, but I’m a little reluctant to post that.
- At least half of that income coming from my business.
- I need to “up my game” with regards to my business. I missed out on IttyBiz’s last big sale, and now her store is closed. Again, I didn’t have the money to invest in tools that might help my business. Likewise, I can’t afford to invest in Dave Navarro’s (not the music guy) big sale before everything costs waaaaay too much. I’m really tired of not being able to take advantage of tools that could help me (I also couldn’t afford Ramit Sethi’s Earn 1K). I’m tired of that. But I CAN take advantage of notes I took during Ramit’s free webinars, and notes I’ve been making off of Naomi Dunford’s and Dave Navarro’s Failproof Your Business series. And I’ve downloaded Dave’s free content and I’ve started working on the 4 free workbooks he’s got. Anyway, I’m taking small steps here.
- By the end of January, I want to have my tutoring website revamped, at least one video made, finish the Study Skills ebook and have it ready for sale.
- I want a list of at least 2000 people. That may seem small to some people, but since I have less than 20 people following on FeedBurner, 2000 seems like a lot to me.
Is this doable in a month? I’m only working 8 hours at my day job, doing my normal tutoring, and classes start again next week.
Is this too much?
I should have at least a couple of hours every weekday to work on this. Is that enough?